Shop !

Feel like shopping ? Go to my online store for stamps, dies, beading, jewelry supplies, card kits and more !
Click here to start exploring.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Quick Tour of a Winter Collage Project ...

A few days ago I diecut some grungeboard shapes ... not sure why ... and then I added a thick coat of Distress Rock Candy Clear Crackle paint. Last night I came home quite late and was passing through my work room on my way upstairs to get changed and settle in to read a bit . I saw the shapes ... they were dry and ready to be used ... I had no plans for them really ... it was late ... I grabbed a flannel shirt to cover up my work clothes ( I tend to be reallllllly messy !!) and got to it !

I had a canvas that I had already covered with Tim Holtz tissue paper. When I cover one canvas, I do a whole stack. Why not ? I have the stuff out and then I am ready whenever a late night crafting urge hits me ! So I added some torn scrapbooking paper, then layers of paint, then layers of stamping - with bubble wrap & paint, snowflake stamps & ink, crackle stamps & ink.
Then I pulled out a new template from Crafter's Workshop "The Kasbah" and a jar of texture paste. I trowelled it on and loved it !!

Look at that pattern !! It's my new favourite . You can use these beautiful templates with texture paste, ink, paint, or sprays. They are a great way to add design & texture.

Then I worked on the grungeboard pieces. I coloured them with Distress Stains. The colours looked great on the crackle. And the new Brushed Pewter was so pretty ! I added paint to the snowman and then ink & stains. The heart was done with stains & Distress inks.

I glued them all to the canvas and then added shading with my Pitt pens. A few ChitChat stickers from Tim Holtz, a little doodling, a little more texture paste, some India Ink, and a few more swipes of pewter distress stain, and I was done !

My favourite part is the heart ... love that crackle & colour !

No comments: