Shop !

Feel like shopping ? Go to my online store for stamps, dies, beading, jewelry supplies, card kits and more !
Click here to start exploring.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Shimmer Sheets !!!

Shimmer Sheets are here and they are beautiful !!
Shimmer sheets are 5x12 sheets of mylar ... they come in iridescent and metallic colours. They can be embossed, sanded, inked, or used as is. I made a few samples ... take a look !

Here's the first piece of shimmer sheet after I ran it through an embossing folder ... I can use it like this ... and I did. But there are other things you can do .


You can send the embossed design ... it will remove the colour , leaving a white pattern and making the design pop !!

Now get ready to ink ... another option. You must use a solvent based ink like Stazon or Archival ink. After all, mylar is plastic !

Inked ... a whole 'nother look !!
The finished card ... I used the plain embossed sheet and flipped it over to have the opposite design.
Just a note ... the butterfly is cut with an Elizabeth's Die ... cute !!

Another colour ... another embossing folder.

Love this colour ! Left to right ... embossed, sanded, inked.

Love this one too !! Same thing ... l-r ... embossed, sanded, inked.

sanded, inked.

embossed, sanded.

Lots of beautiful colours.

More colours ...

And more ...

And even more ... actually I tried to take individual pictures of these ones but they are so reflective that I had pictures of myself taking the pictures ... not good ...

So the Shimmer Sheets come in a package of 3 sheets ( 5x12) for $7.35. You can make 9 full cards or many many with just strips or pieces.
But ... what if you just want to try a few pieces ?  I have a sample pack of 2 4x5 pieces for $1.99.
Or you can get a sampler of 6 different colour 4x5 pieces for $5. Great way to try it !!
Stop in & see the samples and pick up a package to try !!








No comments: