Shop !

Feel like shopping ? Go to my online store for stamps, dies, beading, jewelry supplies, card kits and more !
Click here to start exploring.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

First Post of April !!

Hi everyone !
I have a new card kit this week and some samples to share, as well as new stock.
Let's get started !

Card Kit of the Week :
This week's card kit started off with the leafy background card. When I flipped the paper over to add the adhesive, I saw the bird's head. STOP CUTTING !!!!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't even looked at the back. SO I mapped out my cuts and was able to use all the most beautiful elements from the sheet for all 3 cards. The bird is the focal image of one card, a soft faded image of a bird, leaves, and a clock are the background for another, and the original card uses the B side of the paper for the leafy background. I also used some of the new kraft flowers that I just unpacked. Fun !  So ... as usual .. you get all the materials for all 3 cards for just $5.



 SAMPLES  ...
I had some time this afternoon to finally try out a technique I have been wanting to do as well as play around with some of the new Memory Box Dies & Stencils. Here's what I came up with ...

Shimmer Sheets - 3 ways !!
This is a technique from Elizabeth's Craft Designs using their iridescent Shimmer Sheets. They come in many colours but you must use the iridescent, not the metallic.
So you will need ...
Embossing folder, 2 sided adhesive sheets, cardstock, Glitter Ritz, and Shimmer sheets.

1. Cut the Shimmer Sheet to card size (4x5) and emboss it. Now add 2 sided adhesive to a piece of cardstock - plain white is best. Peel off the liner paper and add the embossed shimmer sheet. Brayer or rub down. Now carefully peel it off. The iridescent film will remain on the cardstock where the embossed design is. The remaining areas will remain sticky. Now pour on the glitter ritz, shake off extra, and burnish.
2. Repeat the procedure with the other side of the embossed Shimemr sheet. You will get the reverse of the first pattern.
3. And now you still have the original embossed piece of Shimmer sheet, no worse for wear !




Memory Box Stencils & Dies ...
These are the small stencils & they work beautifully for cards.
I simply dabbed on Distress Ink using makeup sponges. And Voila !
It looks like I handpainted the delphiniums !


The next project involved creating backgrounds using the larger stencils and adding a die cut image. The cards are all basically the same - I just used different Distress Inks and cardstock.




So that's it for tonight ... I'll be back late this week with new products !

No comments: